Dear Parents,
Welcome to a new week! I hope that you all had a good weekend. New book report was assigned last week. The book needs to be a battle of the book, scholars will have a month to read their book. The objective is to choose a character from the book and answer the questions on the report form. Once scholars have chosen the book and the character they may get the book report form.
![]() |
| Our South Elementary Eagles for the month of January |
Hello families of Mrs. Komarek's busy bees! My name is Summer Soriano, or Ms. S, and I am a senior Elementary Education major at SUU. I am from Arroyo Grande, California and came to Southern Utah to play soccer for the Thunderbirds. I feel extremely lucky to have gotten to pursue both of my passions, soccer and teaching, during my college experience. As of now, I am one week into my six week student teaching experience in Mrs. Komarek's class. What a joy it has been so far! I have learned these students are true scholars, but I was most excited to observe the kindness that is present in their words and actions. I'm grateful to be a part of this fine group!
Curriculum News:
- Literacy - Scholars are reading and writing poetry. They are sharpening their skills of using literary devices :). There will be a spelling test this Friday. I am still working on mid year reading assessments.
- Math - Scholars tested on Chapter 6 Friday, we will go over the test on Monday. Tuesday we will start Chapter 7, which is all about adding and subtracting fractions! Tuesday's lesson 7.1, add and subtract parts of a whole. Wednesday's lesson 7.2, write fractions as sums. Thursday's lesson 7.3, add fractions using models. Friday's lesson 7.4, subtract fractions using models. Please continue to work on times tables at home!
- Science - We finished our Water Cycle, scholars will be graphing their scores on Monday. Our next unit is on the Weather and Ms. Soriano will be teaching the scholars for this unit! I am so excited for them and myself to learn from someone new!
Important Dates:
- January 15, I will be out of town. The class will be the capable hands of Mrs. Illian and Ms. Soriano.
- January 17, Celebrate Gracie's half Birthday!
- January 18, MLK Assembly
- January 21, MLK Day, no school
- January 28, Celebrate Grace's half Birthday!
- January 30, Celebrate Jack's half Birthday!
- February 1, KITE flight reading starts! This is a fabulous way for our school to earn money!
- February 4 - 7, SEP Week, school is out at 2:30 all week & book fair is going on after school.
- February 8, Happy Birthday Kendee!
- February 8, Happy Birthday Arynn!
- February 4 - 8, School Community Helpers; lunch, hall and flag duty
Home Extension:
- Monday - Daily reading and summary writing
- Tuesday - Daily reading, summary writing, https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-fourth-grade-math/cc-4th-fractions-topic/cc-4th-adding-subtracting-frac/v/adding-fractions-with-like-denominators
- Wednesday - Daily reading, summary writing, https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-fourth-grade-math/cc-4th-fractions-topic/cc-4th-adding-subtracting-frac/v/subtracting-fractions
- Thursday - Daily reading, summary writing, practice: https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-fourth-grade-math/cc-4th-fractions-topic/cc-4th-adding-subtracting-frac/e/subtracting_fractions_with_common_denominators and https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-fourth-grade-math/cc-4th-fractions-topic/cc-4th-adding-subtracting-frac/e/adding_fractions_with_common_denominators
- Friday through Sunday - Daily reading, summary writing









No comments:
Post a Comment