Book Reports are due this week! If you have any questions, please ask! We have had a couple turned in and they are looking great!
I am sending home 1st term Progress Reports, these are for your records and don't need to be returned to me.
This Friday we have another outing, this time to Frontier Homestead State Park. We will take a bus there in the morning. Just after 11:00 we will walk to the park, eat lunch, play, and then walk back to school for our afternoon lessons. I will need three (3) parent helpers to help during 9-11:00ish. If you are interested, please email me and let me know.
We are dressing up for Halloween this year! Costumes can't have a mask or be violent. We will be having a Halloween Parade in the afternoon. More information will be coming home.
A Message From Mrs. Calandrino:
Hello parents of Busy Bees! I am so excited to be in your child's class for the next six weeks, learning and teaching. I have had three of my own children go through South who are now 19, 17, and 15 (how time flies). I have also been a paraprofessional aide in the school for the past six years as I worked on my schooling and now finally my student teaching. I have been busy watching Mrs. K. use her amazing methods and teaching strategies and in the next few weeks I will be applying them myself in the classroom. I am looking forward for the next few weeks, we have lots of fun things to learn about. Thanks to you and Mrs. K. for letting me be part of your child's fourth grade learning.
Curriculum News:
- Literacy - New Word Study Words went home on Thursday (10/17) a test will be on Wednesday October 30th. Scholars are assigned an activity to help with their word study words when they get their words. They have two weeks to finish the assignment. We are still reading about the Middle Ages. Scholars will be writing an opinion paper as we move through this unit.
- Math - We have finally finished Chapter 2. Tests will be coming home this week. Chapter 3 is on multiplying 2 digits by 2 digits. A lot of the strategies we will be working on will be similar to last chapter. Please be patient with your scholar and myself as we work through different ways to solve, it will look different than the way you learned.
- Science - We are still learning about amphibians and reptiles. Scholars are researching and writing an informational paragraph on each. After reptiles and amphibians scholars will work in groups to do a report on fish. From there we will move onto birds.
Important Dates:
- October 21, Harvest Holiday, no school
- October 24, Mystery Book Report Due
- October 24, Fall Makeup Pictures
- October 25, Frontier Homestead State Park field Trip
- October 28-November 1, Red Ribbon Week
- October 28, Band Together Day - wear a red bandana
- October 28, I will be at a Mastery Connect Training all day
- October 29, Don't Get Mixed Up, crazy sock or clothes mixed up
- October 30, Team Up Against Drugs, wear a jersey and be a friend
- October 31, HALLOWEEN, Scare Drugs Away. Crazy hair or Halloween costume.
- November 1, Wake Up, Drugs are Bad, wear PJ's
Home Extension:
- Nightly Reading, summary writing and finishing up the book report
- Math videos. I am going to posting math videos so that you can see how I am teaching and what your scholar is doing in math.
- Tuesday:lesson 3.3
- Wednesday: Practice with area model, if you need help, watch the video again
- Thursday: lesson 3.4
- Friday:Practice with partial products
- Weekend: times table practice
Field Trip Pictures!













No comments:
Post a Comment