We are off to a great start of the school year and I am enjoying getting to know each scholar better.
We do have a field trip coming up next Monday, permission slips will be coming home on Tuesday. This can be a very muddy experience when they are looking for frogs. Please send your scholar to school with shoes that you are okay with them getting muddy and then another pair of shoes and socks that they can change into for the ride home. Rain boots also work well on this field trip.
![]() |
| Our first Reading Lunch Club! |
![]() |
| September South Elementary Spotlight Students :) |
Curriculum News:
- Literacy - I love our literacy time! We are reading narratives in our CKLA unit. We are reading Scout's Honor and Food from the Outside. Scholars are learning about literary devices, creating their own literary devices and always working on grammar. We are still working on procedures for Independent time during Daily 5. So far we have Read to Self and Writing down. The next two weeks we will practice Computer and Word Work.
- Math - We have started Chapter 2 which focuses on multiply multi digits by 1-digits. 9/9/Monday 2.3 multiply 10's, 100's, 1,000's. 9/10/Tuesday 2.4 estimate products. 9/11/Wednesday 2.5 multiply using distributive property. 9/12/Thursday 2.5 continue multiplying with distributive property. 9/13/Friday 2.7 multiply with expanded form. 9/16/Monday field trip. 9/17/Tuesday 2.7 partial products. 9/18/Wednesday 2.8 review and mental math. 9/19/Thursday 2.9 multistep problems. 9/20/Friday 2.10 regrouping. I have the canvas page up and have taught the scholars how to access it. If your scholar is absent here is the resource that I want you to access to see what we are doing in math. :)
- Science -We will continue with our study of elevation and wetlands.
Important Dates:
- September 10, Health Screenings
- September 11, I will be at a training in the morning.
- September 16, Cedar Canyon field trip
- September 19, Guest Speakers -- Museum on the Move
- September 25, Book Jacket Report Due
- September 26, Fall Pictures
- September 27, Celebrate Logan's Birthday! 🎂
- September 30, PTA Family Fun Night!
- September 30 - October 4, SEP week -- school will be out at 2:30 every day.
Home Extension:
- Nightly reading, summary on reading log. Book Jacket report, which may be turned in as soon as it is finished.
- Please practice times tables, we have started chapter 2 which is on multiplication and it makes it so much easier if the scholars have been practicing and know their times tables.
- I will post math videos on DOJO when I assign them.


No comments:
Post a Comment