I've decided this year to do the blog for two weeks, since I am posting every night on DOJO I am thinking that we can all stay up to date with everything going on in class.
I've sent home SEP appointments, can you believe that it's already time to be thinking about SEP's? I have heard back from many of you, please return the orange paper so that I know if the time works for you or not. If not we will work together to find a time that works for all.
Wednesday Book Jacket reports are due! I will be assigning a new book report on Thursday. For the next month the book focus is to be a Mystery book. We will go over all the expectations on Thursday.
Our field trip and guest speakers last week were phenomenal! I can't believe how much we accomplished! Below are some photos from the field trip and when the scholars were observing and inferring about fossils.
Curriculum News:
- Literacy - Spelling pattern words went home last week and scholars have been working on an activity to practice the patterns. I am ready to start small groups for spelling and reading. We will be finishing up Unit 1 of CKLA, we have been working on personal narratives, sentence structure, and literary devices. Our next unit will be on the Middle Ages.
- Math - I've been working on something different this year, so far the scholars have told me that they like it. Scholars are moving at their individual pace through the lessons. This does give me a chance to work in small groups. So that being said, some scholars will be testing on Chapter 2 before others. Chapter 3 is on double digit multiplication. Please, Please work on times tables at home!
- Science - Scholars are creating a field trip file folder of plant samples and animals that we saw on our field trip. We are also focusing on what plants and animals live in deserts and forests and how the plants and animals adapt to survive in their habitats. After land zones we will research what animals are endangered in the state of Utah and begin learning more about classification.
Important Dates:
- September 25, Book Jacket Report due
- September 26, Fall Pictures
- September 27, Happy Birthday Logan! 🎂
- September 30, Family Fun Night at Fiddlers
- September 30 - October 4, SEP week. School will be out at 2:30 every day.
- October 2, Spelling pattern test
- October 7-11, School Community Workers; lunch workers, hall monitors, and flag duty
- October 9, all late or missing assignments due
- October 9, I will be at a training in the morning
- October 11, End of 1st Term
- October 15, I will be gone today for an appointment up north
- October 17, Field Trip to Snow Canyon. This will be an all day, outside field trip.
Home Extension:












































No comments:
Post a Comment