Welcome to our third week of school! I sent home the book report with a battle of the books list on Thursday. Scholars will be able to checkout books this week. There is always the City Library as well.
I think these first few weeks of school have gone well. I am loving everything about my new group of scholars and am pleased to see how we are connecting as a community. Most procedures have been taught and expectations will continue to be gone over. :)
Pictures from the first week of school! We did a science investigation outside and had some fun doing math with M&M's.
![]() |
| Mrs. Baker, our new Music Teacher! |
Curriculum News:
- Literacy - We have been learning about expectations during Daily 5 time, working on stamina during Read to Self time, started CKLA unit 1, which is on Personal Narratives and literary devices.
- Math - Chapter 1 is all about Place Value! Monday (8/26) 1.5, rename numbers. Tuesday (8.27) 1.6 add whole numbers. Wednesday (8.28) 1.7 subtract whole number. Thursday 8/29) we will be reviewing adding and subtracting whole numbers. Friday (8/30) 1.8 problem solving with adding and subtracting whole numbers. Tuesday (9/3) review chapter 1 concepts. Wednesday (9/4) Chapter 1 test. Thursday (9/5) We will go over the test, graph in our data binder and do vocabulary for Chapter 2. Friday (9/6) 2.1, multiplication.
- Science - We have been working on what elevation means and this week will be learning how the elevation effects what animals and plants live and grow in different land zones.
Important Dates:
- August 26, Happy Birthday Jacee! 🎂
- August 26 - 30, School Community Workers; lunch workers, hall monitors, and flag duty
- August 30, Celebrate Ethan's Birthday!🎂
- September 2, Labor Day, no school
- September 3, Science Lab starts with Mrs. Wittwer
- September 3, Happy Birthday Teagyn! 🎂
- September 4, I will be at a District Training in the afternoon.
- September 5, South Elementary Assembly
- September 10, Health Screenings
- September 16, Cedar Canyon Field Trip, more information will be coming
- September 19, Museum on the Move will be visiting our 4th grade classes.
- September 26, Fall Pictures
Home Extension:
- Each night reading is expected. The book report is to be done at home and scholars will have four weeks to read and complete the book jacket.
- I will send the link to the math videos through DOJO. If I feel like a concept needs to be reviewed I will post a link with a practice.













No comments:
Post a Comment