Thank you so much for coming to school last week for SEP's. I appreciate you and your scholars so very much!
Biography reports have been explained and I'm looking forward to the results on the 27th. :)
We will pass out valentine's Friday around 1:30. I sent home a class list last week.
Curriculum News:
- Literacy - Word Study test will be this Friday. We will be finishing up CKLA Unit 7, the American Revolution and will be starting Unit 6, GEOLOGY.
- Math - We finished Chapter 7 last week. Chapter 8 we will be learning how to multiply whole numbers with fractions. 8.1, multiples of unit fractions. 8.2, multiples of fractions. Mid Chapter Review. 8.3, multiply a fraction by a whole number. 8.4, multiply a fraction by a mixed number. 8.5 comparison problems with fractions. We will test on Chapter 8 next week. Keep working on those times tables!
- Science - We have started a new science standard, Standard 3, Rocks, Minerals, and Soils. We will start with learning about Pangaea and the layers of the Earth.
Important Dates:
- February 10, Celebrate Ethan's 1/2 Birthday! 🎂
- February 10, Orchestra of Southern Utah Assembly
- February 14, Valentine's Day
- February 14, Celebrate Kostner's Birthday!🎂
- February 14, President's Day Assembly
- February 14, Donuts with Dad before school
- February 17, President's Day, no school
- February 19, I will be at training for 1/2 of the day.
- February 24-28, School Community Workers
- March 4, Happy Birthday Bracken! 🎂
- March 5, South Elementary Eagles Assembly
- March 10, Happy Birthday Mrs. Komarek! 🎂
- March 11, I will be gone in the am for a training
- March 13, end of 3rd term!
- March 16,17, No school
Home Extension:
- Nightly reading, summary writing
- Biography report/research
- Math videos:https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-fourth-grade-math/4th-multiply-fractions/multiplying-whole-numbers-and-fractions/v/multiplying-fractions-and-whole-numbers
- https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-fourth-grade-math/4th-multiply-fractions/imp-multiplying-unit-fractions-and-whole-numbers/v/concept-whole-fraction-mult
- https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-fourth-grade-math/4th-multiply-fractions/imp-multiplying-unit-fractions-and-whole-numbers/v/fraction-multiplcation-on-the-number-line
- https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-fourth-grade-math/4th-multiply-fractions/multiplying-whole-numbers-and-fractions/v/fraction-whole-multiplication-concept
- https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-fourth-grade-math/4th-multiply-fractions/imp-multiplying-whole-numbers-and-fractions/v/multiply-mixed-numbers
No comments:
Post a Comment