I can't believe how fast the weeks are going by, as I was sitting down to write this I was thinking, didn't I just publish the blog and it's already time to post another one. Anyway, thank you for following along!
Good luck to Ethan who will be competing in the District Spelling Bee tomorrow.
Congratulations to Ethan, Brodee, and Caroline! They will be representing our class in the 4th Grade Smart Minds Calculator Competition on Friday against the other 4th grade classes!
Our new book report... I know the form says NON-FICTION. Cover the non part and focus on the fiction. They are to read a battle book. The report will be due April 2nd.
I also sent home progress reports last week. If you haven't yet seen it, ask your scholar about it. This week all work will be due on March 10th and the end of the term is March 13th.
Curriculum News:
- Literacy - Word Study test will be this week. We have had a good time learning about the Earth, volcanoes, tsunamis, and earthquakes. Now we are onto minerals and rocks. Scholars have written a wiki entry on volcanoes. This week they will be writing a personification story about a rock.
- Math - Chapter 10, geometry! Lots of hands on learning with this unit. :) 10.1 lines, rays, and angles. 10.2 classify triangles by angles. 10.3 parallel lines and perpendicular lines. 10.4 classify quadrilaterals. 10.5 line symmetry. 10.6 find and draw lines of symmetry. 10.7 problem solving for shape patterns.
- Science - Learning about the three classes of rocks, the rock cycle, weathering and erosion.
Important Dates:
- March 10, All late work is due
- March 10, Happy Birthday Mrs. Komarek!🎂
- March 11, I will be at a training in the morning.
- March 13, End of 3rd term
- March 13, Class Calculator Competition
- March 16,17, No school
- March 18, Celebrate Jack's Birthday! 🎂
- March 19, Celebrate Brodee's Birthday!🎂
- March 23, Water Fair, we will be walking to the Heritage Center and back
- March 31, Happy Birthday Maci!🎂
- April 2, Book Report Due
Home Extension:
- Nightly reading, summary writing, book report
- Math videos: https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-fourth-grade-math/plane-figures/imp-lines-line-segments-and-rays/v/lines-line-segments-and-rays
- https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-fourth-grade-math/plane-figures/imp-lines-line-segments-and-rays/e/recognizing_rays_lines_and_line_segments
- https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-fourth-grade-math/plane-figures/imp-angle-introduction/v/angle-basics
- https://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-fourth-grade-math/plane-figures/imp-angle-introduction/v/naming-angles
No comments:
Post a Comment